This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is always published on this page, with a change log detailing any changes. The date of the last edit is noted in the footer at the bottom of this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us or write to the address below:
The Data Controller
Acoo Review Ltd.
Scottish Enterprise Technology Park,
What Data We Hold
We collect the following information, depending on the nature of your contact with us.
- Name, company/organisation name and job title
- Contact information including email address, postal address and phone number
- Email address if you choose to sign up to our mailing list
- Details of any previous order(s)
- Information you provide on enquiry, sample or quote request forms
- Information you provide if you set up an online account on a online shop site
- Chat conversations: Your name and any contact information you choose to provide during the chat.
- Your IP address when ordering from and online shop or paying an invoice online
How We Use This Data
We will use your data in the following ways under the following lawful bases for processing.
Because We Have a Legal Obligation
We retain records of your orders/purchases in order to comply with our legal obligations under UK company, tax and other law.
To Fulfill Our Contractual Obligations
We retain and process your data in order to fulfill our obligations to you. This includes but may not be limited to:
- Processing, fulfilling and delivering your order
- Providing you with a quote or sample or dealing with your enquiry
- Responding to your chat requests
- Preventing fraud when placing and paying for orders online
- Tracking orders and helping you to easily reorder from us in the future.
- Providing our courier partners with contact information including a contact number and email so they can contact you regarding your delivery and/or to allow you to track your delivery online or in an app.
With Your Consent
If you have chosen to add your email to our marketing email list we may contact you periodically with product updated and offers.
What Are Cookies
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables us to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. The different types of cookies are explained below. The opt-in box which appears when you first visit this site lets you choose which types of cookies you want to allow. You can view and edit these choices at any time via the "Change Cookie Preferences" button at the top of this page. Cookies do not allow us any access to your computer, do not identify you personally or share with us any personal data.
You can find out more about cookies at All About Cookies.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our website and to enable you to use certain features of our website. Without these we cannot provide you with certain services on our website.
These cookies are used to personalise your experience on our website. For example they may be used to remember your language, currency or theme preferences or to remember your login details.
Performance & Tracking Cookies
The cookies are used to analyse traffic to our website and how visitors are using the site, for example which pages are most popular or how long visitors spend on each page. This helps us improve your experience on our website. The information collected through these cookies does not identify any personal data.
Advertising & Targeting Cookies
These cookies are used to show advertising that is likely to be of interest to you. These cookies are served by our advertising partners and they may combine information they have collected on our website with other independently collected information from their network of sites. This is known variously as re-marketing, OBA or Online Behavioural Advertising and allows ads to be shown based on sites you have recently visited or may be interested in. You can learn more about online behavioural advertising and opt out of these types of cookies on this and other sites by visiting Your Online Choices.
If you choose not to allow these types of cookies this does not stop you seeing adverts, it simply prevents this type of targetted advertising.
We list the advertising partners, links to their privacy policies and opt-out resources in the Third Party Access section below.
Cookies are set on individual devices and web browsers (Safari, Edge, Firefox etc.), so if you wish to view or change your cookie settings you may have to do so for each device or browser you use.
Third Party Access
|Google Ads (formerly AdWords)||Advertising & Targeting||Google Ads Privacy Information||Google Ads Opt-Out Information|
|Google Analytics||Performance & Tracking||Google Analytics Privacy Information||Google Analytics Opt-Out Information|
|Microsoft Advertising (formerly Bing Ads)||Advertising & Targeting||Microsoft Ads Privacy Information||Microsoft Ads Opt-Out Information|
|Microsoft Clarity||Performance & Tracking||Microsoft Clarity Privacy Information||N/A|
|Meta (Facebook & Instagram)||Advertising & Targeting||Meta Privacy Information||Meta Opt-Out Information|
We want you to remain in control of your data at all times and welcome any questions or comments you may have about this policy or how we use your data generally.
You can make a request to see the information we hold on you, to have it corrected, updated or deleted at any time. Please contact us via this website or write to to the data controller at the address above.
We will respond to your request detailing any requested information or making amendments or deletions as requested. We may retain certain records in order to comply with relevant legislation - for example we must retain financial records pertaining to your order - but we will inform you of this and make clear the grounds for any retention.
If you have chosen to add your email to our marketing email list, you may automatically unsubscribe by clicking the link in any email or contacting us.
We will never share your personal information with third parties unless the law requires us to do so - for example if we are legally required to assist the police or tax authorities.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the GDPR (please see the Information Commisioners Office website for more information).
- 01 May 2018 - Initial version.
- 01 May 2019 - Additional information on cookies, what they are and how to opt out.
- 01 Sept 2019 - Section added on Facebook Chat to clarify how it works and what information we can see when you choose to chat with us.
- 24 Sept 2020 - Chat section updated to reflect updated chat functionality such as chat as guest. Information on controlling Facebook ad targeting added.
- 15 February 2022 - Improvements to cookies section providing more detailed information on strictly neccessary, functionality, tracking & performance and targeting & advertising cookies. Section added on Third Party data access with reasons for use, links to partner privacy policies and opt-out resources.